Temp to Perm
Unconventional staffing has become increasingly significant as some companies rely more on arrangements with temporary agencies than full-time employment for covering special needs. 90% of all U.S. companies are using temporary office workers. Two million workers find permanent employment through their temporary placements each year.
Economic uncertainties have caused unsteady labor demands as well as the need to reduce operating costs. These situations have made using temporary office workers more appealing.
Flexibility in staffing can be achieved by the use of temporary help from agencies that supply trained personnel specifically to cover short-term needs. Here are some benefits of using “temps.”
- Possibility of hiring good temps, permanently. If a particular temp worker seems to fit well into your business, you can offer to hire him or her as a permanent employee. In this case, you avoid the risks of a probationary period you’d normally have with a new hire. With Casino Job Center, there is no fee to you if you want to hire your temporary worker.
- The company is spared the effort and expense of locating, hiring and training employees who will only be employed for a limited number of weeks or months.
- Employees trained in certain specific occupations can be used to cover critical vacancies until the company can successfully recruit to fill its own needs. These individuals can also be used to cover for illnesses, vacations and leaves of absence.
- Although the company may pay a premium – the rate paid to the agency includes the temp’s pay and benefits and the agency’s profit. This is often more economical than paying overtime to regular staff to cover a short term need.
- The company will not have to be concerned with the details of payroll and benefits, insurance and liabilities. An entire staff of temporary worker’s from the same agency can be covered by a single payment to the agency every week or two.
Try using temporary workers. If you like them, you can hire them. No fee to you!